Rubi: The Wayward Mira
A downloadable game for Windows
'Rubi: The Wayward Mira' is a 2D metroidvania fantasy platformer with settings and inspiration taken from particle physics and the Large Hadron Collider located at CERN. Features include:
- 6 Expansive hand crafted interconnected areas, plenty to explore and secrets to find!
- Upgrade Rubi's abilities and attacks by collecting Strings from fallen foes and using the ability tree!
- Challenging combat scenarios, making the best choices from Rubi's limited mana reserves.
- Beautiful pixel art rendered characters and backgrounds to enjoy along the way!
From large outdoor expanses to maze-like underground laboratories, journey with Rubi as she quests to find a way back home to save her planet!
Casimir is a dying planet. The native inhabitants, the 'Mira', have extracted the mana from the leylines of the world to support their civilization, leading to the collapse of the ecosystem that supports all life on the planet. During the decline of the land, a young Mira was born without the ability to use mana, Rubi.
An otherwise fatal condition, Rubi had two implants installed in the backs of her palms to regulate her mana flow, allowing her to survive among the increasing decay.
The years passed, and the population decreased as the Mira frantically scavenged for whatever mana remnants they could find... when Rubi and some of her kin find themselves suddenly transported into a strange lush land on Earth.
Despite their confusion, the Mira are initially overjoyed to be surrounded by the abundant mana resources available in this new land. But all is not as it seems as the Mira on Earth soon begin to turn against Rubi, transforming into something more dangerous, something Feral!
Images / Video:
A free demo of the first area is available for download and play!
Wayward Games is an independent game studio based in New York City.
|This game is under active development. You can support us on Patreon and gain access to the newest bleeding-edge full demo for as little as $1 a month, complete with additional areas to explore, enemies, and bosses!|
|You should also come hang with us on Discord, and chat! I post WIP stuff in there that I'm focused on, as well as other thoughts that come into my head.|
Click download now to get access to the following files:
- Kickstarter LIVE!!!84 days ago
- Version 0.83Nov 04, 2019
- Rubi 0.8_4.10.19Apr 10, 2019
- Rubi - PAX Demo live!Apr 01, 2019
- 0.6.2 patch notesOct 29, 2018
- Discord InviteSep 15, 2018
- 0.5.2 Patch NotesAug 13, 2018
- 0.5.1 Patch NotesJul 09, 2018